French On Fire ! Index du Forum French On Fire !
Communauté sur FOF

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion  ConnexionLe Site

FOF Contest Server released!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    French On Fire ! Index du Forum -> FOF International
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
piccia
Ptit gratteux !

MessagePosté le: Ven 30 Nov 2007 - 12:18    Sujet du message: FOF Contest Server released! Répondre en citant

FOFItalia proudly presents...

our FOF Contest Server, now released to the public!

You may wonder what a contest server is Smile. Well, we use it for contests within our community. Just choose few songs to be played, select which players can upload scores and let them play. As the contest goes on, the charts are updated and each player receives a score depending on his placement in each song. But a web page is worth a thousand words, so just check our contest website, where you can see the results of the last contest:

http://www.fofcontest.altervista.org/charts.php

In order to run the contest server, you just need a web server supporting php & mysql. The package also contains some python scripts (win32-compiled version available too) for score handling (showScores, uploadScores, mergeScores).

Get it now at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fofcs/

hope you'll like it Smile
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Chrysaor

vt.gif

MessagePosté le: Ven 30 Nov 2007 - 19:23    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mouais je ne sais pas comment accepter ca...

j'ai beau adorer les italiens, celui ci ne s'est pas présenté ni meme laissé un petit mot pour parler un peu de sa communauté.

a part ca ils oont fais un truc interessant, ils ont mis en place un tournois de fof ou on dois definir le nombre de joueur et sur quelles chansons les gens participent... à voir moi je dis...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
raph666

quebec.png

MessagePosté le: Ven 30 Nov 2007 - 23:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

surtout qu'en fait ce n'est qu'une légere modification du php charts par sneftrup: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fofchart/
et que ce n'est pas spécifié dans la documentation fournie. Je trouve que c'est un peu traitre de s'approprier le code de quelqu'un comme ca (dans le readme on a "Code by piccia")

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur MSN Messenger
piccia
Ptit gratteux !

MessagePosté le: Sam 01 Déc 2007 - 00:37    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello mates,
sorry but my french skills are very poor so I hope it's not a problem if we write in english... actually this is why I posted here in the "international" forum :)

Seems you want some more info... well, here I am. In particular, if I understand correctly the second message, you're claiming I didn't acknowledge the original author of the code. But consider this:

1) the original authors *ARE* acknowledged in the documentation, if you read the readme.txt you'll find at the end the credits section, where I've explicitly written "FOF Contest Server is based on Frets on Fire Score Charts v1.3 http://sourceforge.net/projects/fofchart"

Explicit credits to sneftrup are also in a comment in charts.php and, more in general, I was very careful in NOT removing any copyright notice written by the original authors (not that they wrote a lot of them, anyway).

And finally, I also explicitly thanked sneftrup when I announced the server in the international forums (where sneftrup generally posts). So I don't think you can blame me for not having said who the original author was.

2) actually few pieces of the original code are still there. The main structure is the same, but I had to rewrite almost everything for my purposes, so no, this is not a "slight" modification, is more a total rewrite. The only file I left untouched is phprealizer.php

3) hey, this is anyway GPL'd code, it is *meant* to be used by other people :)

Hope this helps in making the things clearer Smile. For any questions, I'm here! (in particular, I'm not sure I've understood the first message...)
raph666

quebec.png

MessagePosté le: Sam 01 Déc 2007 - 01:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I don't say your work is bad, only that in charts, the problem is not how things are displayed, the important part is clearly the phprealizer containing all the important functions that will make the treatment of the hash sent by frets on fire. Once your server can accept this data, getting some php scripts to do what you want them to do with it is just "website creation". I don't want to insult you or anything, it's just that many charts system using sneftrup's system as their base already exist so sorry for the lack of enthusiasm

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur MSN Messenger
piccia
Ptit gratteux !

MessagePosté le: Sam 01 Déc 2007 - 10:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

well, actually phprealizer.php is just the unserializer, so it's just a small part of the entire process Wink
But that's not important. I agree with you in that there are several charts derived from sneftrup's work, and in fact what we wanted to do was not a simple chart, but a tool for contest handling, which is a bit different.

Anyway, I just wanted the people to know that such a tool exists, you're not asked to be enthusiast about it Very Happy. I like to have some feedback about this work, so thank you anyway for your comments.
raph666

quebec.png

MessagePosté le: Sam 01 Déc 2007 - 14:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

the score tools are certainly interesting though, and definitely worth the download, not that many people has python installed and the uploadScore is useful with the so-many-charts
(membres francais: cependant les outils de gestion de scores sont intéressant, et ils valent définitivement le download, surtout pour les gens sans python et qui jouent sur plusieurs charts)

Divra has an unfinished contest system, I don't know if he'll finish it someday (actually I don't know if his charts will come back someday). But the contest concept is cool, I might implement one in my charts system one day

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    French On Fire ! Index du Forum -> FOF International Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: